1612 Pennsylvania Avenue
Fort Worth TX 76104
Cosmetic Dentistry vs Preventative Dentistry
A great smile is very valuable. It affects not only how you feel about yourself, but how others perceive you as well. In fact, surveys show that a whopping 84% of the people polled believed that a good smile was essential in making solid first impressions.
Furthermore, research has shown that almost all Americans (99.7%) agree that a healthy smile is important in social settings. So much so that nine out of ten Americans said that they thought that people with better smiles were more attractive that those with poor teeth.
Your Smile Says a Lot About You to Others
No one wants to suffer with misaligned, missing, decayed or yellowed teeth. Fortunately, recent advances in cosmetic dentistry mean that you don’t have to hide your smile any more. Even if you have serious dental issues, cosmetic dentistry can help.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry and how does it Differ From Preventative Dentistry?
To understand the difference between Fort Worth cosmetic dentistry and Fort Worth preventative dentistry, you first need to know that dental medicine has become much more sophisticated in recent years. This, in turn, has led to greater and greater diversity and specialization.
Cosmetic dentistry is one of those specialty areas. While cosmetic dentists and general dentists are both skilled professionals, with years of study and practice behind them, their focus is somewhat different. For instance, cosmetic dentistry is concerned not only with the health of your teeth, but the overall appearance as well.
Of course, the fields do overlap. A dental professional practicing preventative dentistry can also provide teeth whitening and other cosmetic services such as dental bonding. Likewise, a cosmetic dentist can fill a cavity in a tooth. Still, patients who are more concerned with the aesthetics of their smile are more likely to turn to Fort Worth cosmetic dentistry for help. A general dentist may also refer a patient in need of an implant or full mouth reconstruction to a cosmetic dentist rather than performing the procedure themselves.
Common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Porcelain Veneers- dental porcelain veneers mimic the look of natural teeth in order to create a lovely smile.
- Dental implants- dental implants are used to permanently replace lost teeth. They look and feel real.
- Dental Bonding- bonding blends special dental material to the surface of a tooth to create a more aesthetically pleasing look.
- Dentures- dentures have come a long way in recent years. Newer dentures are more stable, enabling patients to look better, while still enjoying their favorite foods.
- Tooth Colored Fillings- new dental resins and state-of-the-art materials appear more natural than old amalgam fillings. They can be color matched to your existing teeth for a flawless look.
If You Have Missing or Damaged Teeth, Dr. Randy Parham can help you decide if you need cosmetic dentistry or preventative dentistry.
Fort Worth cosmetic dentistry can give you the smile that you have always wanted. If you have ever looked at someone with a flawless smile and felt self-conscious or embarrassed about your own teeth, give us a call. Our friendly staff can make a convenient appointment to fit your busy schedule. We even offer payment plans to make it easy on your budget.
Get the dazzling smile you deserve. Call today.
Scroll to see what our patients have to say.